Thursday, May 10, 2007

Trash Day

Got a late start on my run today, didn't get on the road until about 6am. I usually like to be finishing at that time. Did the following workout today: intervals of running 90 seconds, walking 2 minutes for a total of 20 minutes. I did not want to get out of bed and I did not feel like running at all, but I always seem to feel better after a run than before it.

Today was trash day in my neighborhood, and I noticed as I was running that it was a veritable treasure trove of trash. Here is list of some to the items that I saw on my run:
Luggage
Mops (2 varieties)
Set of wall shelves

Probably the most interesting thing I saw was a responsible middle school student. One of my neighbors has a daughter in middle school and she recently got a puppy. I'm sure one of the conditions was that she was responsible for the dog, well she was out at 6am walking the dog as I was running, come to think of it she is the only person that I have ever seen walk the dog, they are inseparable, every time I see her she has her puppy with her.

1 comment:

Stella said...

So did you avail yourself of any of the goodies?