Thursday, August 23, 2007

At it again

Just got back from another run and it felt FANTASTIC!!! Running is much more fun than walking, my long walks were kind of boring, now with running I can cover the same distance in half the time. Nothing is better than hitting that runner's high just at the point where you think you can't go any farther, and then feeling like you are running on air, incredible. I never got that feeling when I was walking. I can't believe it, at this rate I will be up to 30 minutes non-stop in about 6 or 7 weeks. Just in time for the weather to start getting colder, nothing is better than running in cold weather. I will take that over heat any day. I will soon need to buy a new pair of running shoes I've got a lot of miles of walking on my current pair.

I have always wanted to run in the Main Street Mile in Westminster, if anyone from CCPL would like to join me perhaps we could start a team. We would need a clever name, something like Running with Books, The 796.42s (Dewey number for running), or Bibliotathletes. Of course I am getting ahead of myself, I need to keep up with my running first.


----------------
Now playing: Spinal Tap - Bitch School
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Stella said...

Count me in for the Main St. Mile. We could call ourselves "The CCPL Librarians Running 2.0." (I know, it's a little lame, but I'm on time constraints right now. When I ponder this a little more and come up with a better name, I'll post it. Keep up the running. (I LOVE to run in the rain--the only problem is that my shoes have to dry out afterwards and sometimes that takes a while.)

Jillian said...

Hey Craig - when's the run? Maybe I should start training for next year! I used to love running and I got back into it a bit this summer, but it fell by the wayside when I went on vacation. I was just happy to know that I could still do it after all these years :)