Friday, June 22, 2007

Vacation Day 1

It sure didn't feel like I was on vacation today. I had a lot of stuff to do today before we leave for Ocean City tomorrow. The first thing I wanted to do was go get some new contacts from Wal-Mart, but I realized on my way that I forgot and left my wallet in my desk at TAC on Thursday, so I have to drive into work and get it. It wasn't all bad, it gave me a chance to pick up a couple of more books to read while I sit on the beach. I was able to finally get my contacts and head home to begin working on my "honey do" list. I had several loads of laundry to wash, as I was working on that I got a call from my wife, she forgot some papers she needed for work and wanted me to bring them to her, luckily she works in works in Westminster now so it only took a few minutes to do that and it gave me a chance to go to the post office to have our mail stopped.

So I got back home and while I had the laundry going I started cleaning the house. I promised I would clean it from top to bottom as part of Jacie's birthday present. I finally got done cleaning and folding the laundry, packing some things as I went along. It was then time to mow the lawn, which I enjoy doing especially on a nice day like today.

So I am nearly done my list when Jacie calls me and asks me to go to her Grandparents farm and help clean out the horse stall. My wife keeps her horse, Jordan (she is pictured to the left and is blind in one eye) there, although I am officially claiming the horse as mine, after all I feed her each morning and clean out her stall. Now cleaning out a stall isn't all that bad. The first layer is just straw wood chips and poo (horse poo isn't that bad). It isn't until you get to the layer underneath that you really earn you money. This layer is a trampled and smashed up mixture of poo, wood chips, straw, and a slurry of pee. You can't quite imagine the smell, you have to experience it for yourself. If this stuff were gold I would have been rich, since I was standing about ankle deep in it. The silver lining is that shoveling all of that sh...stuff is quite a good workout.

Jordan
(Image by The Original Craigster)

Got back home and cleaned up and it was time to get the dogs ready for their vacations. Sadee is staying with my mom for the week, Oakley and Dayzee our staying with a friend of ours. My mom loves watching Sadee (she's her favorite) despite her gimpy leg, bad breath, and constant sneezing (the dog not my mother). So the house is very quiet now, no little claws clicking on the hardwood, and I only have a few things left to do before I can relax: clean the fish pond filter, finish packing, load up the car....................you get the idea.



Dayzee on the Left, Oakley on the Right
(Image by The Original Craigster)



Sadee
(Image by The Original Craigster)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You are a slave and a zoo keeper! I'm sure Jacie appreciates all your work - or is this something you only do once a year and you're just trying to look good?

Stella said...

It's not fair. It seems that Jacie has a wife, and I don't. I want one, too!

Handsome Craig said...

Just once a year to look good. She takes it when she can get it, especially if I volunteer.