Sunday, June 24, 2007

Vacation Day 2

Vacation Day 2

Well I am finally at the beach, good old Ocean City, Maryland. We had planned to leave this morning at 7:00am but of course that never happened. Before I go into the events of the day I should give you a cast of characters:

Me: The Original Craigster that you all know and love
Jacie (pronounced Jackie): Is my lovely and talented wife
Janet: Jacie's mother and my mother-in-law
Mat: Jacie's brother and my brother-in-law
Laurian: Mat's wife and my sister-in-law
Bailey: Mat and Laurian's 6 year old daughter and my niece
Ally: Mat and Laurian's 2 year old daughter and my niece
Courtney: Jacie's best friend and defacto family member

All of us are staying a two bedroom condo half a block from the beach on 56th street.

As I said we were planning on leaving at 7am but did not leave Westminster until 8:08am. We stopped for breakfast at Panera, ran a red light, and had to go home twice (Jacie forgot to pack shoes, I forgot my glasses).

On the way here I saw something I had never seen before...a clown driving a car. It really freaked out my wife, she has a phobia about clowns, and this guy was in full blown clown make-up, right down to the big red shoes. We passed him before I could get a picture taken.

We met Jacie's brother's family at the Country House in Salisbury at 11:00am for a little pre-vacation shopping. While Jacie and Laurian went about shopping, me , Mat, Courtney and Bailey decided we were going to go to Best Buy and kill an hour while the rest were shopping, unfortunately we got lost on the way and ended up in the "hood," we did eventually make it out and got to spend a few minutes at Best Buy, where I managed to lose my sunglasses.

Well we all got back together and back on the road heading to OC, and we decide to stop at the grocery store before going to the condo. I thought this was a bad idea since the car was packed. Me, Jacie, Janet, and Courtney all road together in Court's Hyundai Tucson, and the car was packed tight with bags and beach stuff, there was just enough room for the four of us to sit after we got packed. And now they wanted to add a weeks worth of groceries into the mix, it was not going to turn out well, so I argued against, and we got groceries anyway. Here is how we got all of them into the car. Janet and I sat in the back seat and Courtney and Jacie just loaded the groceries on top of us. Luckily we only had a short drive to get to the condo.

So we arrive and after what seemed to be an infinite number of trips up three flights of stairs I was ready to unpack and unwind. BUT...I made a few omissions when I was packing my suitcase...I forgot my swimming trunks, and somehow only packed two t-shirts, good thing Sunsations is across the street.

List of things I need:
Sunglasses
Swimming Shorts
T-Shirts



8 Hours later…..

We ate in this evening and then spent the rest of the evening at Ocean Downs Race Track to watch some harness racing.

Here were my picks for each race and how they finished:

Jack Flasher 1st
Auntie ATM 4th
Totally Obsessed last
Joc O Chip 1st
Cheap Skate 1st
Wishwell Dreamgirl 4th
Poker Oak 6th
Hey That’s Mine 2nd
Lady Bidmore 2nd
Call Her Lucky last

As you can see I picked some good on and some bad ones. I didn’t really matter since I didn’t bet on any of them. So out of all of us I was the only one to come out even.

We left the track and headed back to the condo, once we got there (at 11:30pm) Jacie and I decided to walk to the Sunsations and pick up a few of the things that I forgot: new swim trunks, 2 new t-shirts, and a new pair of shades. Now I am ready for the beach tomorrow.

Until next time, this is the Original Craigster signing off. Nanu, Nanu.

2 comments:

Stella said...

I sure wish someone would have snapped a picture of you in the car with all of the grocery bags piled on top of you. That must have been a hoot. Only family can do those kinds of things to each other and get away with it. And we love 'em for it as they are doing it! Wish I were there instead of here. We are headed to Tennessee on the 5th of July for a family reunion. I can't wait to git outta town.

Handsome Craig said...

My brother-in-law did snap a picture...they will never see the light of day if I have any thing to do with it.