Monday, June 25, 2007

Vacation Day 4, or the never ending walk

Me, Jacie, Janet and Courtney all got up early this morning to take a walk on the boardwalk. We drove to the inlet and walked all the way to the other end and back it came to just under five miles. There were quite a lot of people on the boardwalk for being so early. We stopped on the way back and got donuts for everyone else.

My 6 year old niece snitched on me this morning. Her mother told her she could only have one donut because of all the sugar. So I did what any cool uncle would do…I gave her another donut. She was so happy and promised she would not rat me out. Thirty minutes later she told me that she was going to tell her mom, and darned if she didn’t. So I have been calling her snitchy all day. She won’t be getting any more donuts from me.

At 11:30 we decided to walk to the Country Peddler county store. Everyone thought it was about 10 blocks away. Well it turned out to be 30 streets away and we didn’t get back until 2:30. With all of the walking today we could have started at the inlet and walked to Delaware. My feet hurt and I think I have sunburned my head. Peace out…smell you later. Craigster…

Several hours and cocktails later…

We had dinner at Harpoon Hannah’s and it was fantastic, I had the fresh tilapia stuffed with crab imperial. After dinner we sat at their tiki bar and my mother-in-law bought us drinks. Other people may have issues with in-laws but mine is awesome…she bought me several Guinness, none on tap only in cans…beggars can be choosy.

After dinner we ended the evening with a round of mini golf at the Golf Down Under. I was last in my group and of everyone I got the worst score, even my 6 year old niece the snitch beat me. Jacie had the best of everyone a 38…1 under par. I’m done for the evening.

I’m not drunk, I’m drinking.

3 comments:

PiratePrincess said...

Tilapia stuffed with crab imperial? That sounds absolutely delicious! :)

Anonymous said...

With enough beer, you'll soon be able to forget your aching feet. And since you did so much walking and exercising on this trip, you'll be able to drink lots of beer without the beer belly! It's all good. A wonderful cycle you've gotten yourself into!

ChristinaK said...

MANY years ago I ate at Harpoon Hannah's. I was a teenaged girl at the time, so naturally my friends and I all had to go use the restroom at exactly the same time. We hoofed it in to the ladies' to check out our make-up. Who comes in next? One of the waitresses carrying her basket of rolls and breads. I don't know if this is still how they dish out bread, but at the time, bread girls would walk around with giant baskets of rolls and ask customers if they wanted any. So, bread girl comes in to the bathroom and darned if she doesn't actually take the basket into the stall with her and sit it on the floor. At age 15, I certainly didn't think to report this to anyone. Mostly we just laughed ourselves silly and didn't eat the bread. Curiously, I've never gone back there to see if bread is still served in the same manner. So, how were the rolls?