Sunday, June 24, 2007

Vacation Day 3

Everyone is at the pool right now and I am alone in the condo, sweet peace and quiet. Here is what has happened so for. Got up had breakfast and got ready to head to the beach. We had our place staked and were relaxing in the sun by 10:30am. My niece wanted to get in the water so Uncle Craig got elected to take her in. The water wasn’t as cold as I expected, global warming is good for something at least. We stayed in about half an hour.

Here are a few observations I made while sitting on the beach:
· The dude sitting off to my right has the biggest man nipples I have ever seen
· Cell phones should be banned at the beach
· Everyone seems to get wedgies at the beach
· Sand gets everywhere
· 2 women putting lotion on each other is OK and a little sexy…2 men, not so much
· I wish I understood the semaphore flag signaling system, that way I could figure out what the life guards are really waving their flags about
· I hope I don’t start to drown because I don’t know if our lifeguard (C.J. Parker) would be able to save me, she is just a tiny thing.




"C. J. Parker" our lifeguard
(Image by the Original Craigster)


Stayed on the beach until about 1:00pm and then I walked to Tubby’s, a great little carry out place 3 streets from where we are staying, and got drinks for everyone. Everyone had left the beach by the time I got back at 1:30 except for Jacie, so we sat on the beach for another half hour before deciding to hit the pool, and I snuck up to the condo to update my blog. Heading to the pool now myself. Craigster Out.

8 hours later…
Had dinner in and then headed to the Boardwalk for the evening. We parked at the inlet and then walked up to 9th street for ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery, I am proud to say that I was able to resist the ice cream and enjoyed a refreshing bottle of water instead. On the way we saw a couple of belly dancers performing, they were very good but very skinny. We headed back toward the inlet and to the arcade. We spent the rest of the evening at Sportland where Jacie and I won 6,000 Sportland tickets. Last year were had a lot of tickets and turned them in for a 40 cups coffee maker and a chocolate fountain. Who knows what Jacie will want to turn them in for this time.
Got back to the condo at 11:00pm and settled for the evening. Until tomorrow, good night and good luck.




Belly Dancers on the Boardwalk
(Image by the Original Craigster)

3 comments:

PiratePrincess said...

Sounds like you're having a good time! :) I had dinner in Morroco, at Epcot's World Showcase in Disney World this past week, and also saw a belly dancer!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I'm not sure about your life guard - she is tiny. I think she could save your neices, but might need to put you on a floaty. Better watch out for any rip tides.

Meanwhile, the belly dancers. Quite cute, exotic. Goes with your latest reading material.

Handsome Craig said...

A little to skinny if you ask me...belly dancers should at least have a small belly.