Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vacation Day 6, started out guilty...

My feet ankles and hips we really sore this morning from all of the walking over the last two day so I didn’t go walking when Jacie, Janet , and Courtney left this morning and an hour later I began feeling guilty. So I get ready and took a quick walk on my own, I am still sore but I feel better since I came back…

We spent several hours at the beach and in the two days we have gone to the beach I was never once approached by the scope photographers to get my picture taken. I must not be scope worthy. Another thing, what is so fascinating with walking up and down the beach? Nothing good comes of it. It is much easier walking a sidewalk or board walk, and sand seems to get into places that it shouldn’t. I don’t buy the fact that it is because of the view because it is the same view from anywhere on the beach…sand, wave, water, sky. The only logical reason I can come up with is that they want gawk at all of the people they walk by and be gawked at as they walk by. Freaks.

After the beach we headed to the pool and me and my niece did nothing but cannon balls all afternoon. The one time I didn’t do a cannon ball and jumped in feet first I smashed my bad heel on the bottom of the pool and now I can hardly walk on my left foot…I guess going to the boardwalk tonight is going to be painful. I will tell you about it later. I almost forgot while I was at the pool another family was playing with a football and the father got hit in the crotch, it was all I could do to not fall off of the lounge laughing…

Many hours later…

We went to the boardwalk and my foot is killing me (I may go the ER tomorrow if it isn’t feeling any better) so I ended up just sitting on a bench while everyone went their own way but I think I had the most fun. Here are some of my boardwalk observation:
· Saw a dude riding a unicycle
· A guy who appeared to be high walked past me about 5 times, he must have been really lost
· Everyone appears to be sun burnt
· Wind was wreaking havoc on people's hair and skirts
· A family sat down beside me and began eating orange halves that they sprinkled with red pepper
· A group of hippies walked past and all appeared to be burnt out
· Saw a fat guy in a belly shirt
· An old man with a cart full of horns set up beside me and began playing for tips.
· He could play two horns at one time.
· Saw a fat girl in a belly shirt
· Saw an 80 year old woman with florescent orange hair
· A guy was wearing bib overalls at the beach.

I also had several brushes with greatness. I saw a bunch of people who reminded me of celebrities:
· A young lady looked like Paris Hilton minus the DOC uniform
· Julianna Margulies
· Mary Kate and Ashley Olson (just not as rail thin)
· Robert E. Lee, with confederate hat.
· Conan O’Brien
· Chloë Sevigny
· Cedric the Entertainer
· Miss Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies
· Kim Cattrall
· Janice Soprano
· Oksana Bauil after a few drinks
· Gorbachev (the birthmark was a little lower and to the left)
· One hagged out Michael Bolton (with the long hair)

Well that has been my day so far. Going now, we are having wings and pizza tonight and I can’t wait. I’ll let you know how the foot turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you've broken a bone in your foot (there are like 50 in there or something crazy!) then the fam will just have to pop you in a lounge chair and bring you pizza and beers while you stare at all the other crazy tourist. It might work out for you, especially since you did so much work getting ready for the trip. I think it's your turn to be pampered... in fact, could you just be playing up the hurt foot to get a little lovin'?

Handsome Craig said...

Alas, my foot is feeling better so I have to serve myself