Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Walking Music...and...Cheap Prizes

***UPDATE*** Congratulations to Christine who new that Profiles was a teen dance club in Westminster. Back in the day I was a dancing fool, now I just limit it to weddings and board meetings.***UPDATE***

***UPDATE*** Congratulations to Technigranny who won the first cheap prize by correctly answering that "you bark, I bite" was the title to Christopher Moltisanti's (God rest his soul) screenplay on the Sopranos. ***UPDATE***

Took a walk this evening and thought you might like to know what I listen to as I walk, the list is below. I had a couple of run-ins with animals this evening while I was walking. First, I almost stepped on a toad. I made sure he made it safely off of the road (I hope I don't get any warts). Second, I came face to face with a dog, he was barking up a storm and I thought "you bark, I bite." We gave each other our space and went about our merry ways. ***I will give a prize, a cheap prize, to the first person from CCPL who leaves me a comment that says what the quote "you bark, I bite" is a reference to.***

Here is a list of what I listen to as I go on my walks (links go to music videos):

1. Word Up by Cameo
2. Tainted Love by Marilyn Manson (the best version in my humble opinion)
3. Y'All Want a Single by Korn (not for the faint of heart, quite a lot of colorful language)
4. Hey Ya by Outkast
5. A Little Respect by Erasure (this is currently my favorite song for some odd reason)
6. Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners
7. A View to a Kill by Duran Duran
8. Come With Me by P. Diddy (to only good thing to come out of a horrible Godzilla remake)
9. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' by Journey (I may have to switch this to Don't Stop Believing as an homage to the Sopranos)
10. Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue (great beat for walking up steep hills)
11. Wannabe by The Spice Girls (I don't care what anybody says, this IS a good song. Ginger was my favorite Spice Girl)
12. Is She Really Going Out With Him by Sugar Ray (a great cover of the Joe Jackson classic)
13. Fire Woman by The Cult
14. Mr. Brightside by The Killers
15. Turning Japanese by The Vapors
16. Africa by Toto (not a really good song to walk to)
17. Boom Boom (Let's Go Back to my Room) by Paul Lekakis (this reminds of going dancing at Profiles during high school) *** I will give another prize, another cheap prize, to the first person from CCPL who leaves a comment telling what Profiles was and where it was located in Westminster.***
18. Play that Funky Music White Boy by Wild Cherry (I'm funky and a white boy...this is a great song when you just want to strut)
19. Headed for a Heartbreak by Winger (Winger is too under rated, they are a great band. This song and the next one are good during a cool down walk.)
20. Crazy For You by Madonna (yes, I know, I'm sappy)

6 comments:

Stella said...

5th episode, of the second season of The Sopranos, reference to Franki Vallie & The Four Seasons "Big Girls Don't Cry"

Stella said...

Love that Outkast video. Did you get a look at those knitting needles?

technigranny said...

Christopher hopes that his written screenplay "You Bark, I Bite" will get him a ticket to Hollywood and out of the Mafia.

Anonymous said...

Profiles - Under 21 dance club in Westminster, right? I have a vague recollection of a under 21 dance club up there... then again, I could usually be found at Liberty Reservior where the rednecks drank... not that I did much of that... hmmmm... okay, truthfully, my middle and high school years are a blur.

PiratePrincess said...

Yes, "Come With Me" WAS the only good thing about that Godzilla remake lol. I heard the Spicegirls are reuniting for a new album, btw. :-O

ChristinaK said...

If you ever want to try a cycle class, I think you'd like the music I play when I teach at the Y. It'll make the class fly by! Generally I teach on Wednesdays at 6 AM. Who can't use a little Marilyn Manson at dawn?